Online Learning Update Ray Schroeder, editor, COLRS - Online@Illinois Springfield

Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield

Sunday, April 11, 2010
Stamford sees potential in online courses - Stamford Conn Advocate
Stamford's public schools do not offer a course in poetry, but Irene Blum, a junior at the Academy of Information Technology & Engineering, is enrolled in Poetry Writing and enjoying it. "I like the writing part of it. I like being able to express myself. There are no boundaries, which is something I really enjoy," she said. Blum's class is offered through Virtual High School, a consortium that connects students and teachers around the world. AITE is a member; three of its teachers are teaching online courses, and 47 of its students are enrolled in some of the 300 courses offered. This isn't the only online-option for students. The first online course Blum took was a world religions class offered by Norwalk Community College.

 



Comments: Post a Comment


Fair Use