Online Learning Update Ray Schroeder, editor, COLRS - Online@Illinois Springfield

Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield

Thursday, March 04, 2010
Technical colleges expand Web classes - JORDAN BLUM, the Advocate
Burgeoning online courses at Louisiana’s nine community colleges are making such distance problems moot, Alston said. Even though, she said, much work remains. “If it’s available online, I’ll take it online,” said Alston, 23. “You save gas and it’s better when you have kids. Child care is expensive.” Alston, who is married with children ages 4 and 1, is pleased with the new opportunities. “It’s going well,” she said. “I log in every day. I take my quizzes and my tests online.” While some community colleges offered a few Internet-based classes in recent years, it was just last spring that the Louisiana Community and Technical College System officially started a statewide system, called LCTCSOnline.

 



Comments: Post a Comment


Fair Use