Online Learning Update Ray Schroeder, editor, COLRS - Online@Illinois Springfield

Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield

Thursday, March 11, 2010
Online learning classes could benefit from state effort
A task force to expand the state's online programs at colleges and universities could boost growing programs at local schools, officials say. Online classes are a way for students to gain college credit without entering the classroom. Lectures, homework, discussions and sometimes testing are all handled through the Internet. Bruce Chaloux, an online-learning expert who works at the Southern Educational Regional Board, said national enrollment in online courses is growing at about 17 percent per year compared to 1.2 percent annual growth for traditional college classes. But Chaloux said there is still a lot of room to improve.

 



Comments:
I think you will see this number steadily increase every year, It is learning using the technologies of today. I get more from learning online than I did in the class room
 
Post a Comment


Fair Use