Online Learning Update Ray Schroeder, editor, COLRS - Online@Illinois Springfield

Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield

Monday, March 01, 2010
Can’t sell courses online? Give them away, says MIT president - Thomas Grillo, Boston Herald
The Web site has caught the eye of Bill Gates. In a recent letter to the school, the legendary founder of Microsoft praised MIT OpenCourseWare video lectures from a pair of professors. “I particularly like the physics courses by Walter Lewin and the solid-state chemistry course by Donald Sadoway,” Gates wrote. “When I want to learn a new concept like the Carnot limit on getting usable energy out of heat, I often will watch lectures from different courses to see how it is explained and test my understanding.” Gates also plugged AcademicEarth.org and its list of colleges that put lectures online for free.

 



Comments: Post a Comment


Fair Use