Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield |
|
|
Online Learning News and Research
Online Learning Update HOME Times and Dates Coordinated Universal TimeSearch Online Learning Blog Archives
|
Sunday, January 31, 2010
University continues to progress online learning - Joseph Ward, Daily Illini
Though Global Campus is no longer operating, Nick Burbules, Urbana-Champaign Senate member and professor in Education credits it for heightening the discussion of e-learning opportunities. “I and many others are determined to have them (the University) continue to grow our online offerings,” he said. “There is a real sense that this is becoming part of our core mission.” Burbules said the next University-wide e-learning initiative will be called “U of I Online” and will mainly be run as three separate entities by the different campuses. However, Burbules believes the online format can allow for collaboration between the campuses to create the most efficient programs.
Comments:
Post a Comment
Online Learning News Blog Archives OTEL - Ray's Home Page - Notebook - UIS Online - U of I Online - UIS Home Fair Use
|