Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield |
|
|
Online Learning News and Research
Online Learning Update HOME Times and Dates Coordinated Universal TimeSearch Online Learning Blog Archives
|
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
R2D2: A model for using technology in education - Curtis J. Bonk, eSchool News
Frustrated. Challenged. Excited. Passionate. Overwhelmed. Opportunities. Waiting. These are the things I hear when I ask college professors around the world for two or three words to describe the use of web technologies in their classes. It does not matter if I am in Thailand, Taiwan, or Transylvania: I hear the same words. Many view technology as simultaneously a transformative tool for teaching and learning and one that should be avoided where possible. That is not surprising, given the barrage of new technologies to consider since the start of the millennium--including wikibooks, podcasting, Twitter, Second Life, digital books, open educational resources, shared online video, Facebook, and much more.
Comments:
Post a Comment
Online Learning News Blog Archives OTEL - Ray's Home Page - Notebook - UIS Online - U of I Online - UIS Home Fair Use
|