Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield |
|
|
Online Learning News and Research
Online Learning Update HOME Times and Dates Coordinated Universal TimeSearch Online Learning Blog Archives
|
Saturday, December 19, 2009
“The future of Internet is more bandwidth, video, noise, more everything” - Buenos Aires Herald
Jimmy Wale (the founder of Wikipedia digital encyclopedia), How do you think Wikipedia affects education? J.W.: The most important thing is that the role of informal learning has exploded. The amount and quality of learning that outside any organized institution is dramatically higher, than it was 30 years ago. At the same time, formal education hasn´t diminished at all, and this online learning is having an impact on traditional education: I don´t think I´ve met a colleage student that didn´t say that he uses Wikipedia regularly. And that is quite important.
Comments:
Post a Comment
Online Learning News Blog Archives OTEL - Ray's Home Page - Notebook - UIS Online - U of I Online - UIS Home Fair Use
|