Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield |
|
|
Online Learning News and Research
Online Learning Update HOME Times and Dates Coordinated Universal TimeSearch Online Learning Blog Archives
|
Saturday, November 28, 2009
New Milford teachers using online learning tools to engage students - ASHLEY KINDERGAN, The Record
Teachers are getting lesson plan ideas from far-flung colleagues via Twitter. Skype conversations are being hosted in classrooms. And students are being introduced to social media and being schooled on how it can benefit them professionally. Web 2.0 isn’t just a buzzword at New Milford High School. Principal Eric Sheninger is encouraging teachers to use free interactive Web applications that he thinks can eventually improve instruction and better engage students. “Students today are digital natives,” Sheninger said. “They’re using this technology at home, so I felt, ‘Why can’t I have my teachers effectively integrate it in the classroom?”
Comments:
Post a Comment
Online Learning News Blog Archives OTEL - Ray's Home Page - Notebook - UIS Online - U of I Online - UIS Home Fair Use
|