Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield |
|
|
Online Learning News and Research
Online Learning Update HOME Times and Dates Coordinated Universal TimeSearch Online Learning Blog Archives
|
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Professor breaks ground with book on online learning - SUNY Oswego
Harrison Yang of SUNY Oswego’s curriculum and instruction faculty recently helped assemble the first comprehensive book on using Web 2.0 in education. In “Collective Learning and E-Learning 2.0: Implications of Web-Based Communities and Networking,” Yang and Steve Chi-Yin Yuen of the University of Southern Mississippi explore the various ways interactive platforms including blogs, chat functions, Facebook, YouTube and Second Life have complemented and enhanced learning experiences. “This book gives a clear picture of the history of the field, the technology now and what the trends are going to be,” Yang said. “Also importantly, it shows many real-world projects, so that those who may be hesitant can see some good examples that worked.”
Comments:
This sounds more like pure advertising than anything else. The links doesn't lead to any content, even in sample form, only to a page advertising the book. It feels awkward, becomes it's not typical of OLU.
Thanks for the comment! I am so happy to know that you read the blog.
Post a Comment
I found the topics mentioned in the article to be of interest. I'm also always interested in seeing where George Siemens and Stephen Downes publish - those Canadians are always at the forefront in this field. So, I am keeping this on my radar screen. I hope you find some of the other postings of more interest. ray Online Learning News Blog Archives OTEL - Ray's Home Page - Notebook - UIS Online - U of I Online - UIS Home Fair Use
|