Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield |
|
|
Online Learning News and Research
Online Learning Update HOME Times and Dates Coordinated Universal TimeSearch Online Learning Blog Archives
|
Tuesday, July 07, 2009
Online Learning: The World is Open for a Reason: Make that 30 Reasons! - Curtis J. Bonk, eLearn Magazine
While questions here remain open, I offer in total, 30 reasons why there is so much excitement for open education today. In this article, I point to 10 reasons a college, university, or other type of organization or institution would share its course materials and other educational contents online. Then I provide a similar list related to the benefits that educators might experience from sharing educational contents that they have creatively designed and used. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, I address the learner, both formal and informal. See Curt Bonk's Book: The World is Open: How Web Technology is Revolutionizing Education!
Comments:
Post a Comment
Online Learning News Blog Archives OTEL - Ray's Home Page - Notebook - UIS Online - U of I Online - UIS Home Fair Use
|