Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield |
|
|
Online Learning News and Research
Online Learning Update HOME Times and Dates Coordinated Universal TimeSearch Online Learning Blog Archives
|
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Online learning gives kids, parents new options for education - Elizabeth Stuart, Deseret News
By the time Benjamin Marvin rolls out of bed, his peers at Payson Junior High have already been in class for two hours. But the 14-year-old won't be skipping breakfast. He won't be rushing to get ready. He won't be slinking sheepishly past a disapproving teacher to find his seat. All he has to do to get to class is log on to the Internet. "That's the beauty of virtual school," said Marvin, who lives in Santaquin. "I get to decide when and where I want to do my school work."
Comments:
Post a Comment
Online Learning News Blog Archives OTEL - Ray's Home Page - Notebook - UIS Online - U of I Online - UIS Home Fair Use
|