Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield |
|
|
Online Learning News and Research
Online Learning Update HOME Times and Dates Coordinated Universal TimeSearch Online Learning Blog Archives
|
Friday, April 10, 2009
Online Learning: Bill Would Affect Florida Virtual School - MARC VALERO, Highlands Today
Highlands County School Board Chairman Andy Tuck likes some of what he sees in Senate Bill 1676. "The good things I see about this, there is a lot of flexibility in our categorical funding," he said. "I think it over prescribes in some areas," including not being able to use certain funds for travel expenses for employees and to pay for cell phone and text messaging. What concerns Tuck the most is school districts would not receive funding for students who take elective courses online through Florida Virtual School.
Comments:
Post a Comment
Online Learning News Blog Archives OTEL - Ray's Home Page - Notebook - UIS Online - U of I Online - UIS Home Fair Use
|