Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield |
|
|
Online Learning News and Research
Online Learning Update HOME Times and Dates Coordinated Universal TimeSearch Online Learning Blog Archives
|
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Online Learning: AP courses a good option - LEANNA LANDSMANN, Detroit Free Press
Many schools embrace virtual learning for the potential it offers all students. Self-directed, self-paced learning can pay off in a big way as she goes on to college," says Mary Ann Wolf, executive director of the State Educational Technology Directors Association. Research shows that on average, online learners do as well or better than students in traditional classes.
Comments:
I feel online schools can be adventitious for both high school graduates and adults. As an online learner myself I know I enjoy the many advantages online learning provides me such as keeping my full time job, cutting babysitting costs, and lower tuition. I actually teach a lesson about online learning to my classes where students are provided with both the pro’s and con’s of learning over the internet. Many students have never considered college, but when provided with the benefits and costs they are looking forward to attending various online universities.
Post a Comment
Online Learning News Blog Archives OTEL - Ray's Home Page - Notebook - UIS Online - U of I Online - UIS Home Fair Use
|