Online Learning Update Ray Schroeder, editor, COLRS - Online@Illinois Springfield

Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield

Sunday, April 26, 2009
Learning to teach, online - Blair Gardner, GW Hatchet
I, like others at GWU, have long seen myself as a teacher. I've always wanted to be someone who could impart the knowledge I have gained on younger generations. The entire country is now suffering from a shortage of teachers who are qualified and rigorously trained to effect real change, especially in high-need and urban school districts, according to The National Commission on Teaching and America's Future. The good news is, great teachers can be found anywhere: a physics major, a stay-at-home mom or a Wall Street trader. However, how do we ensure we are producing a new generation of high-quality teachers?

 



Comments: Post a Comment


Fair Use