Online Learning Update Ray Schroeder, editor, COLRS - Online@Illinois Springfield

Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield

Sunday, December 21, 2008
Online Learning Works Well for Women with Competing Obligations - KSBI
By day, she’s a billing analyst for her local electric company; by night, Heather Morel, 29, of Minneapolis is a wife, mother and student. Not at her local university, but at Capella, an accredited online university. “I have a full time job and two young children,” says Morel. “There’s no way I could pursue my MBA, which I need to get ahead in the business I’m in, if I had to go downtown every week and sit through a class. With online learning, I do all my course work at home when the kids are asleep. It’s great.” Kimberly Leslie-Patton, 38, of Birmingham, Ala., sings praise for online learning too.

 



Comments: Post a Comment


Fair Use