Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield |
|
|
Online Learning News and Research
Online Learning Update HOME Times and Dates Coordinated Universal TimeSearch Online Learning Blog Archives
|
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
Online learning on rise at WKU - Associated Press
Rhanda Lee is a college student without a class in the traditional sense. Lee rarely sets foot in a classroom at Western Kentucky University, where she's a junior and on course to graduate early. Instead, she has been doing schoolwork online — a method of learning that's growing in popularity at the college. School officials say the program saw a 42 percent increase in enrollment last year and 25 percent more already this year. "I can sit at my computer in my pajamas and not worry about going to class," Lee said. "And I could take on more of a workload because I am able to get my work done at my own pace."
Comments:
Post a Comment
Online Learning News Blog Archives OTEL - Ray's Home Page - Notebook - UIS Online - U of I Online - UIS Home Fair Use
|