Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield |
|
|
Online Learning News and Research
Online Learning Update HOME Times and Dates Coordinated Universal TimeSearch Online Learning Blog Archives
|
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Gas Prices Boost Online Learning College Classes - Daisy O'Donnell, WPSDTV
Registration for online classes is soaring as fast as prices at the pump. With gas prices hitting closer to four dollars, college students are trading time with teachers for online courses. At Western Kentucky Community and Technical College enrollment for distance education grows more than ten percent this year. It doesn't take a rocket science to understand it's expensive to commute to school. "I work six 6 days a week just to keep the bills up,” said student Jessie Rule. "I live half an hour away from here, so that makes it tough on gas,” said student Amy Tempus.
Comments:
Post a Comment
Online Learning News Blog Archives OTEL - Ray's Home Page - Notebook - UIS Online - U of I Online - UIS Home Fair Use
|