Online Learning Update Ray Schroeder, editor, COLRS - Online@Illinois Springfield

Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield

Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Online Learning: What's a virtual high school? - The Beaufort Gazette, S.C.
To put it simply, Christine Shirley, a sophomore, is not a fan of Battery Creek High School. Unimpressed with her teachers and failing a class she believes she deserved to pass, she left the school a month ago in search of something better. She and her friend Charles Terry, another student not enrolled in a school, said they found that in a Holiday Inn presentation hall on Boundary Street on Saturday morning. "I love school, and I normally make good grades," Shirley said. "With this program, I feel that I can really push myself." She and Terry were two of about 20 parents and students who attended a information session for the Insight School of South Carolina, a statewide, online charter high school opening its virtual doors in September.

 



Comments: Post a Comment


Fair Use