Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield |
|
|
Online Learning News and Research
Online Learning Update HOME Times and Dates Coordinated Universal TimeSearch Online Learning Blog Archives
|
Monday, April 28, 2008
Online Learning Gives High-Schoolers Taste of College - Nick Sambides Jr., Bangor Daily News
Samantha Hockridge plans to go to college and she's not wasting time. Already ambitious enough to take on a National Honor Society membership, cheerleading and two other sports, the 18-year-old Passadumkeag resident is taking University of Maine online courses as a Penobscot Valley High School senior. "I would rather do it now than have the pressure of doing a lot of college courses in college," Hockridge said. "It's easier to do it now because I am comfortable here, and I know I have a lot of support." Hockridge isn't alone in feeling that way. She is among about a dozen PVHS students, and about 150 juniors and seniors from 90 of the state's 140 high schools, who take UMaine college courses via the Internet each semester, said Jim Patterson, coordinator of the university's Academ-e program.
Comments:
Post a Comment
Online Learning News Blog Archives OTEL - Ray's Home Page - Notebook - UIS Online - U of I Online - UIS Home Fair Use
|