Online Learning Update Ray Schroeder, editor, COLRS - Online@Illinois Springfield

Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield

Sunday, April 27, 2008
ePortfolios: Hot Once Again - Trent Batson, Campus Technology
ePortfolios have infinite capacity and potential to "academize" the Web because they are based in learning and assessment theory and are not primarily management tools (even though they do manage data). Primarily, they are online learning spaces, and the Web is all about new learning spaces.

 



Comments:
Very interesting article. I am about to graduate with my Masters of Science in Instructional Technology from the Institute of Interactive Technology, from Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania. Considering that I am in the field of technology I have decided to create an ePortfolio. What better way to make an impression to potential employers but by displaying your portfolio electronically.

You can include your ePortfolio in a blog or website so visitors have the opportunity to see your work. This will create many opportunities for you because your work is easily accessible thereby allowing visitors to see your expertise. Another asset which you can have at your disposal is an electronic cover letter. Here are two links which I am now finding useful in creating an ePortfolio and a cover letter. The first (freecsstemplates.com) can be customized to create your eportfolio and the second (visualcv.com) can be used to create a web based cover letter. The most important thing is that they don't cost a penny.
 
Post a Comment


Fair Use