Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield |
|
|
Online Learning News and Research
Online Learning Update HOME Times and Dates Coordinated Universal TimeSearch Online Learning Blog Archives
|
Monday, February 04, 2008
American Servicemen Continue Their Education at Drexel Online
Two members of the U.S. Armed Forces are pursuing online learning degrees from Drexel University Online, a leader in Distance Learning. Gary Parker of Manahawin, N.J., and Robert Smith of Miami Beach, F.L., chose Drexel in order to further their education and advance their careers through the convenience of online learning. Gary Parker, a Master's in Software Engineering student, was recently offered full-time employment with a global defense and information technologies firm and needs a master's degree to stay competitive in the job market. "The job requires an advanced degree and since I cannot attend full-time, online (learning) is the best alternative," said Parker. "I am noticed in the Human Resources Department as an up-and-comer. This kind of recognition usually leads to further consideration for an advanced position." Parker has noticed a change in himself and the way he views success. "I surprise myself every day. I thought after so many years out of school, my abilities might have atrophied, but I currently have all A's!" he said.
Comments:
Post a Comment
Online Learning News Blog Archives OTEL - Ray's Home Page - Notebook - UIS Online - U of I Online - UIS Home Fair Use
|