Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield |
|
|
Online Learning News and Research
Online Learning Update HOME Times and Dates Coordinated Universal TimeSearch Online Learning Blog Archives
|
Friday, January 18, 2008
Scholars grab seats in virtual classrooms through online learning - Diane Huber, The Olympian
Gloria Navarrete never liked her traditional English class. The senior at South Sound High School tended to lose focus and disliked reading aloud. "In class, I always got off task. I fell asleep a couple of times," she said. When she learned she could take her American literature classes online, she jumped at the chance. She read works such as "Death of a Salesman," completed quizzes and finished the class in less than a term. "I just like working at my own pace," she said. Navarrete is one of 144 students in the North Thurston Public Schools enrolled in an online class through a national program called Apex.
Comments:
Post a Comment
Online Learning News Blog Archives OTEL - Ray's Home Page - Notebook - UIS Online - U of I Online - UIS Home Fair Use
|