Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield |
|
|
Online Learning News and Research
Online Learning Update HOME Times and Dates Coordinated Universal TimeSearch Online Learning Blog Archives
|
Monday, January 14, 2008
Is online learning a recession hedge? - Peter Cohan, Blogging Stocks
With the stock market down 11% from its October high, we are officially in correction territory. But not all stocks are created equal. Some companies seem to benefit from recessions and their stocks are doing very well. Back in 2002, I was in a meeting at Babson College where the MBA admissions director was commenting on how applications were up and so were admissions. Given that the economy was very weak at the time, I wondered how that could be. It turns out that people think that a recession is a good time to step out of the work force and get an MBA.
Comments:
Post a Comment
Online Learning News Blog Archives OTEL - Ray's Home Page - Notebook - UIS Online - U of I Online - UIS Home Fair Use
|