Online Learning Update Ray Schroeder, editor, COLRS - Online@Illinois Springfield

Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield

Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Clearfield residents build careers with online degree work - Clarion University
Two women. Two full-time jobs. Four children apiece. When you think about it, Clearfield residents Barbara Mayhew and Beth Rhymestine have a few things in common. However, these two women share more than long work weeks and large families. Both are working toward online college degrees through Clarion University. “Ever since returning to school, I’ve done nothing but online coursework,” said Rhymestine, 39, in a recent phone interview. “As an adult student, there is no way that I could travel to campus every week for classes. I am so busy, and if I couldn’t take online classes, I never would have made it back to college.” ....For Mayhew, life is equally challenging. She is earning her Early Childhood Associate of Science Degree at Clarion by taking one course each semester. Monday through Friday, Mayhew operates Barbi’s Family Day Care in Clearfield. When the kids go down for their afternoon naps, she logs on and plugs into her weekly lessons.

 



Comments: Post a Comment


Fair Use