Online Learning Update Ray Schroeder, editor, COLRS - Online@Illinois Springfield

Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield

Sunday, October 21, 2007
LOGGING ON TO WHOLE NEW WORLD - This Is Nottingham
On Mary Guard's 80th birthday she is having broadband internet installed. Not the most conventional treat for a pensioner, but Mary has found, as she describes it, "a new challenge" for her and her husband. The Gedling woman was just one of the visitors to Sneinton's Greenway Centre yesterday as part of the national launch of Get Online Day - a campaign to improve internet literacy.... Other visitors also found benefits elsewhere in their lives. Sneinton resident, Claire Lloyd, a mother-of-six, said she found some cheap and good value holidays abroad on the internet for her family. "Since I have learned how to use the internet I have been able to shop online, which has saved me both time and money," she said. "I will hopefully go on to access more courses too and learn more and gain qualifications to gain employment in future."

 



Comments: Post a Comment


Fair Use