Online Learning Update Ray Schroeder, editor, COLRS - Online@Illinois Springfield

Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield

Sunday, October 21, 2007
Drexel Student in Egypt Earns Online Master's Degree
Ann Coster, a library and information science student at Drexel University Online, is pursuing her master's degree in Cairo, Egypt, what she calls "the land of pyramids." She chose Drexel University Online to ensure that she will be serving in school libraries for the rest of her life. A resident of Cairo for twelve years, Coster attended Drexel Online because she found online learning accessible and flexible. "Two of the things I have most appreciated about attending Drexel completely online are the ways I can choose when I attend class and do the assignments and where I access the assignments," she said. "I can be at work, checking the discussion board on my lunch break, or at home, any time of day." In order to effectively balance her work and family, she adjusts her class schedule to fit her daily needs. She will take five classes over the next three quarters and finish her last class in June 2008.

 



Comments: Post a Comment


Fair Use