Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield |
|
|
Online Learning News and Research
Online Learning Update HOME Times and Dates Coordinated Universal TimeSearch Online Learning Blog Archives
|
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
Building a Process-Savvy Organization - Tom Jordan, EDUCAUSE Quarterly
It's long been held that good people make for a good organization. We often hear anecdotes about how "our people make us great," but greatness has as much to do with organizational processes and structures as with staff talent. Effective organizations amplify the talents and capabilities of individuals and teams, while ineffective organizations mute them. In my role as manager of the Network Operations Center at the University of Wisconsin–Whitewater, I deal primarily with technology infrastructure. I manage a group of experienced, talented professionals who believe strongly in what we do. My staff work hard and often invest tremendous amounts of time and energy in getting infrastructure projects done.
Comments:
Post a Comment
Online Learning News Blog Archives OTEL - Ray's Home Page - Notebook - UIS Online - U of I Online - UIS Home Fair Use
|