Online Learning Update Ray Schroeder, editor, COLRS - Online@Illinois Springfield

Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield

Wednesday, January 31, 2007
A Disruptive Innovation Arrives - Ron Bleed, EDUCAUSE Review
Sometimes what appears in the ordinary becomes the extraordinary and grows to a powerful disruptive innovation that changes an industry. Recently I received another "ordinary" announcement on the Maricopa Community Colleges e-mail system. Unlike most times when I quickly delete these kinds of messages, this time I paused to read the e-mail. It announced that a representative from Indiana University (IU) planned to be on campus in a few days to discuss the IU 3+1 program. After reading the e-mail announcement and surfing to the Web site, I realized that this is one of those extraordinary, disruptive innovations for higher education.

 



Comments: Post a Comment


Fair Use