Online Learning Update Ray Schroeder, editor, COLRS - Online@Illinois Springfield

Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield

Sunday, September 17, 2006
K-12, Meet Higher Ed - Geoffrey H. Fletcher, THE Journal
The two arms of our education system have much to gain in recognizing their common ground. Security, professional development, mobility, technology funding, eLearning, the smart classroom—these were some of the clusters of topics at the recent Campus Technology 2006 conference in Boston. Hosted by Campus Technology, the sister publication of T.H.E. Journal serving higher education, the event covered the same key issues as those in K-12, but with their own higher-ed twist to them. As I listened to presentations and discussions in the conference sessions, as I talked with university CIOs and others involved with technology on college campuses, I found myself thinking yet again, Man, could K- 12 and higher ed learn a lot from each other!

 



Comments: Post a Comment


Fair Use