Online Learning Update Ray Schroeder, editor, COLRS - Online@Illinois Springfield

Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield

Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Blogging teaches write stuff - Meghan E. Moravcik, The Arizona Republic
"In this part of my blog, I'm going to tell you how I use modern-day technology in my daily life. Well, first off, I begin my day by waking up, thanks to my alarm clock." That's how one of Ben Goodman's Cimarron Springs Elementary students started off an online journal known as a "blog." Goodman, a technology teacher, sees each class only twice a year, for three weeks at a time. He has to help students internalize what he teaches so it isn't forgotten. "I try to have them write about what they're learning about," said Goodman, who has been teaching in the Dysart Unified School District for 30 years. "The concept here is if you really internalize the concept, then you should be able to explain it to someone else."

 



Comments: Post a Comment


Fair Use