Online Learning Update Ray Schroeder, editor, COLRS - Online@Illinois Springfield

Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield

Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Blackboard sees 32 percent growth - Kara Rowland, THE WASHINGTON TIMES
The educational software market continues to grow, and so does the bottom line of Blackboard Inc., the D.C. provider of products for schools and universities.... Analysts say Blackboard, which now controls about 75 percent of the domestic market thanks to the WebCT acquisition, continues to benefit from the trend toward software in the classroom -- or replacing the classroom, for that matter.

 



Comments:
As a student getting a degree online using the Blckboard platform, this saddens me. THe purpose of online degree programs is supposed to be user convenience. In using this platform I have encountered problem after problem every semester. Previously I used a Web CT platform at another University where I experienced No problems what so ever. THere goes consumer reliability!
 
Post a Comment


Fair Use