Online Learning Update Ray Schroeder, editor, COLRS - Online@Illinois Springfield

Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield

Thursday, July 13, 2006
Using Technology to Expand Opportunity: Going Virtual - Christine Fox, THE Journal
Online courses can get to people and places beyond the reach of the traditional school setting, serving the needs of students and teachers nationwide. In the spring of 2003, I needed to renew my Florida teaching certificate while traveling 120 days a year as an educational consultant. Maintaining my certification was vital to my position, and making use of the classic brick-and-mortar setting for certification renewal courses was physically impossible. My certification endangered, I began to search for alternatives. Fortunately, a colleague introduced me to the option of virtual courses, and shortly afterward I entered the world of eLearning.

 



Comments: Post a Comment


Fair Use