Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield |
|
|
Online Learning News and Research
Online Learning Update HOME Times and Dates Coordinated Universal TimeSearch Online Learning Blog Archives
|
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Best Online Learning Approaches for Cancer Patients - University of Wisconsin-Madison
Breast cancer patients who use online information services in combination with computer support groups and other interactive services are the most likely to feel they have the information they need to cope with their illness, according to new research at the University of Wisconsin-Madison Center of Excellence in Cancer Communication Research.
Comments:
Hi Ray
Post a Comment
Glad to see you are helping education see how it can and needs to leverage web and technology for its advancement. I'm a young web 2.0 entrepreneur and my mom is a public school teacher in Oakland, CA. In everything I plan and build, I try to integrate some element of learning, whether subtle or overt, into the website. If you have some time, check out FAQQLY. We're a 3 month old beta, featured in CNET, Mashable!, MTV News, etc. And I'm working also on a project with the Chinese gov't to do an educational kids portal. Just thought to connect with you since you seem to be somewhat like minded. http://mashable.com/2006/06/14/faqqly-myspace-meets-yahoo-answers/ http://reviews.cnet.com/4531-10921_7-6519243.html http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1533218/20060530/index.jhtml?headlines=true Hope to connect! Best, -- David Liu Founder FAQQLY Inc. 914 Westwood Blvd #143 Los Angeles, CA 90024 310-709-4881 mobile dave@faqqly.com http://www.faqqly.com Online Learning News Blog Archives OTEL - Ray's Home Page - Notebook - UIS Online - U of I Online - UIS Home Fair Use
|