Online Learning Update Ray Schroeder, editor, COLRS - Online@Illinois Springfield

Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield

Monday, May 15, 2006
Some UIS grads visit campus for first time: Travel many miles to get online degrees - AMANDA REAVY, Illinois State Journal-Register
Graduation day was a milestone Julie Cramton didn't want to miss. She wasn't just proud of the bachelor's degree in English she earned in two and a half years from the University of Illinois at Springfield. The Saginaw, Mich., resident had never stepped foot on the campus, let alone Springfield, and it was time for that to change. "It was very important for me to be here," Cramton, 37, said following Saturday's ceremony at the Prairie Capital Convention Center. "I thought about how much what I learned means to me and how wonderful the professors and admissions office and financial aid had been as they all worked with me by phone and e-mail. I thought, 'You know, after all the hard work, I need to come down here and meet some of these people.'"

 



Comments:
In a year I will also get my BD in Management and i am sure to get to my college and see all the people who were ( not ) helpful to me. For me the only disadvantage of online education is thta it lacks personal communication which is so importnat between the lecturers and students and other people on the campus.
 
Post a Comment


Fair Use