Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield |
|
|
Online Learning News and Research
Online Learning Update HOME Times and Dates Coordinated Universal TimeSearch Online Learning Blog Archives
|
Friday, April 21, 2006
(C).omprehensive (O).nline (D).ocument (E).valuation - Jim Ridolfo, Karios
What do we as teachers and scholars do with such an address? What do we do when students walk into our classroom and have sources that look like that? In the fall of 2003 during my first semester of teaching the first-year writing class at Michigan State, these question came up weekly. When assigning a paper, I'd require my students to use a minimum of ten sources to support their findings. By the end of the semester, I felt I could predict their first question before it was spoken: “How many of these ten sources can be online sources?”
Comments:
Post a Comment
Online Learning News Blog Archives OTEL - Ray's Home Page - Notebook - UIS Online - U of I Online - UIS Home Fair Use
|