Online Learning Update Ray Schroeder, editor, COLRS - Online@Illinois Springfield

Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield

Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Distance Learning
Distance learning online can help people who are busy, but still have the desire to improve their lifestyle with a better job. Many times the only way to get a better job is to begin or continue with education, in order to learn essential skills and often a degree. These are obviously of value in a new position. Finding the time to attend classes at local schools or universities is almost impossible for many people. Not only that, but tuition fees can be incredibly expensive and not affordable for many. With such a huge market of individuals looking to complete higher education levels, a market has emerged offering busy people affordable classes that can be completed at home, with distance learning online.

 



Comments:
You just described me to a tee. After 30 years of getting my BS degree, I decided to work on my master's. I did not want to attend the local university because I am usually so tired after work and did not want to drive in traffic. I found out about the program that I am in one night when I was just going to my email. I have three more weeks to go and I will have my degree. I am not strong in computer skills and because of the program that I am in, I am struggling on the end. I would recommend an online course to my friends if they have the discipline to complete the assignments. This degree will help me earn an increase in pay. I do not plan to use it for a career change.
 
Hi-

It's great to know that online learning will help you with advancing your current career. In so many ways, online learning is about access - access for those who have not been able to readily pursue higher ed (undergrad or grad) on campus.

-ray
 
Post a Comment


Fair Use