Online Learning Update Ray Schroeder, editor, COLRS - Online@Illinois Springfield

Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield

Friday, January 13, 2006
Online or in the classroom? - Susan Thomas, US Oracle
Junior Domenic Pontoriero is taking two online classes this spring, one by choice and the other by requirement. “One of the classes I need is only offered online,” Pontoriero said, “The other one I heard is much better when taken online.” Pontoriero said he was hesitant about taking online classes, an approach to college education that is become all the more popular. “I have always avoided online classes, because I thought it was a waste of money and not as effective as person-to-person teaching,” Pontoriero said. “I was annoyed in high school when they tried to implement them. However, I’ve found that my classes are becoming more intense, and I need more freedom and flexibility. I think that online classes will help.”

 



Comments: Post a Comment


Fair Use