Online Learning Update Ray Schroeder, editor, COLRS - Online@Illinois Springfield

Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield

Wednesday, November 16, 2005
Colleges on lookout for plagiarism - GEORGE OSGOOD, Star-Gazette
Leroy M. Wright, chairman of the Communications and Theatre Department at Mansfield University, uncovered his first instance of plagiarism in the early 1990s. Since then, he has noticed an increase in incidents. "I started to notice it with greater frequency several years ago," said Wright, who recently gave a workshop on plagiarism for Mansfield faculty members. "But I would not characterize it as widespread. "I try to establish a grounding in my classes that I am serious about plagiarism," he said. "That is, I am serious about detecting it." The nearly limitless information on the Internet has made it easier for college students to plagiarize term papers and other school work.

 



Comments: Post a Comment


Fair Use