Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield |
|
|
Online Learning News and Research
Online Learning Update HOME Times and Dates Coordinated Universal TimeSearch Online Learning Blog Archives
|
Sunday, September 04, 2005
Online education starting to take hold in Minnesota - PATRICK CONDON, ASSOCIATED PRESS
By the end of his freshman year in high school, Billy Jenkins was burned-out. "They weren't teaching the things I wanted to know about," the young Minneapolis man said of the private school he was attending. "Things I wasn't interested in, they spent forever on. Other times, they'd rush through and not give me time to understand." Jenkins graduated this spring from BlueSky, a St. Paul-based charter school that offers its courses exclusively online. One of 18 members of the school's first graduating class, Jenkins is enrolled this fall at Dunwoody College of Technology in Minneapolis. "We had a graduation ceremony, with robes and everything," he said.
Comments:
Post a Comment
Online Learning News Blog Archives OTEL - Ray's Home Page - Notebook - UIS Online - U of I Online - UIS Home Fair Use
|