Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield |
|
|
Online Learning News and Research
Online Learning Update HOME Times and Dates Coordinated Universal TimeSearch Online Learning Blog Archives
|
Sunday, July 03, 2005
Connecting to Class - Kathryn Walson, the Monitor
When Elizabeth Balderas’ toddler fell ill at the end of the fall 2004 semester, she struggled to find time to complete her end-of-semester coursework. "For a moment there I just wanted to quit. I thought I probably wouldn’t pass my classes," said Balderas, a 21-year-old Mission resident who is pursuing an accounting degree at South Texas College. Although she ended up getting good grades, Balderas decided to take online classes in the spring 2005 semester so she could spend more time with her 2-year-old son. She said it was a good decision that she’d recommend to other busy parents. "You can stay home. You can be with your kids. You can take your tests at night," Balderas said.
Comments:
Post a Comment
Online Learning News Blog Archives OTEL - Ray's Home Page - Notebook - UIS Online - U of I Online - UIS Home Fair Use
|