Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield |
|
|
Online Learning News and Research
Online Learning Update HOME Times and Dates Coordinated Universal TimeSearch Online Learning Blog Archives
|
Wednesday, May 25, 2005
E-learning reaches beyond the classroom - SARA KINCAID, Arizona Daily Sun
For a geology class, it redefines the field experience. A tablet PC with the capabilities of global positioning and a wireless network connection can turn the most remote location into a classroom. This is one example of emerging technologies featured at an E-Learning Institute today through Friday at Northern Arizona University. The institute discusses technologies, such as the tablet PCs, teaching with technology, assessment and an introduction to the new Web-based software at the university. "When I think of e-learning, I don't think of technology, I think of new ways to engage the students," said Don Carter, director of the Center for Research, Assessment and Development of Electronic Learning.
Comments:
Post a Comment
Online Learning News Blog Archives OTEL - Ray's Home Page - Notebook - UIS Online - U of I Online - UIS Home Fair Use
|