Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield |
|
|
Online Learning News and Research
Online Learning Update HOME Times and Dates Coordinated Universal TimeSearch Online Learning Blog Archives
|
Tuesday, April 05, 2005
Buyer Beware: Online College Degrees - Carolina Channel
Cynthia Thompson nearly has her masters degree in business, without setting foot in a classroom. "That's another milestone I've completed within my life," she said. In May, she'll get her degree from the University of Phoenix, an online university that is also an accredited university, something Thompson said was critical. "I was very concerned about that, and I wanted to make sure wherever I was going, my degree would be worth something because that's a lot of money," she said. Many schools offer online degrees now, tapping into a market of busy professionals who don't have time or access to structured local programs. But Furman University's Bill Berg warns that not every program you can find online is on the up and up.
Comments:
Post a Comment
Online Learning News Blog Archives OTEL - Ray's Home Page - Notebook - UIS Online - U of I Online - UIS Home Fair Use
|