Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield |
|
|
Online Learning News and Research
Online Learning Update HOME Times and Dates Coordinated Universal TimeSearch Online Learning Blog Archives
|
Saturday, September 25, 2004
Remarks by the President at "focus on Education" Event - the White House
.... And I know we need to increase access to higher education in rural and urban areas by eliminating financial aid rules that discourage distance learning. What I'm telling you is this: Listen, the world we live in is changing. Jobs are changing, people are learning more over the Internet. We've got to be wise about how we spend your money to reflect the changing times. The work force rules ought to reflect tomorrow, not yesterday. Our community college systems ought to be supportive because they're good for helping the students get the skills for the jobs of today, not yesterday. What I'm telling you is that I've got a vision that recognizes we're living in a changing world and we're going to use our assets in wise ways to make sure America is a hopeful place for everybody.
Comments:
Post a Comment
Online Learning News Blog Archives OTEL - Ray's Home Page - Notebook - UIS Online - U of I Online - UIS Home Fair Use
|