Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield |
|
|
Online Learning News and Research
Online Learning Update HOME Times and Dates Coordinated Universal TimeSearch Online Learning Blog Archives
|
Saturday, March 20, 2004
New acceptance of online learning fuels explosion - Patrick Garmoe, Daily Herald
Squeezing Elgin Community College classes into her schedule wasn't easy for mother of three Aileen Wilson-Young, but she thought it was the only way she would ever get her paralegal degree. Only when a required course was offered solely through the Internet did she grudgingly enter the world of virtual college. "I was very insecure," she said. "I was very worried that without the constant teacher feedback, that I would give up." To her surprise, she did not give up. In fact, she thrived. "It started out nerve-wracking, and it's become an incredibly good situation," Wilson-Young said.
Comments:
Post a Comment
Online Learning News Blog Archives OTEL - Ray's Home Page - Notebook - UIS Online - U of I Online - UIS Home Fair Use
|