Online Learning Update Ray Schroeder, editor, COLRS - Online@Illinois Springfield

Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield

Monday, December 01, 2003
Making it to class easy for online students - DIANE D’AMICO, Press of Atlantic City

In fall 2002, Egg Harbor Township High School graduate Lauren Birdsong went to college in Philadelphia and hated it. "I just was not ready to go away," she said. "I missed my family. I missed my room. My roommate was awful. It just wasn't what I expected." Two weeks later, she was home, working in the family business, Cox Carpets, and examining her options. In January 2003, she began attending Atlantic Cape Community College. She has taken 84 credits so far and plans to graduate with a dual major in history and psychology. Yet she has attended class on the Mays Landing campus just once. Birdsong is getting her degree almost entirely online. She plans to attend Thomas Edison College online and hopes to get her bachelor's degree next year. After that, she wants to get her teacher certification, also available online through Drexel University.

 



Comments: Post a Comment


Fair Use