Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield |
|
|
Online Learning News and Research
Online Learning Update HOME Times and Dates Coordinated Universal TimeSearch Online Learning Blog Archives
|
Sunday, November 09, 2003
GIs need command approval for distance learning - Jeremy Kirk, Stars and Stripes Pacific edition
Soldiers will no longer be allowed to self-enroll in the Army’s distance learning college program eArmyU. Beginning with fiscal year 2004, soldiers need approval from commands, said Kelley Mustion, deputy director of the Army Continuing Education System for the South Korea region. Eligible soldiers will be put on an “order of merit” list that prioritizes enrollment, Mustion said. When the list is exhausted, commands will be asked for more soldiers. “I think that we needed to look at the soldiers that are enrolled in the program to improve their success,” Mustion said. “I think we needed to involve a little more supervision.”
Comments:
Post a Comment
Online Learning News Blog Archives OTEL - Ray's Home Page - Notebook - UIS Online - U of I Online - UIS Home Fair Use
|