Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield |
|
|
Online Learning News and Research
Online Learning Update HOME Times and Dates Coordinated Universal TimeSearch Online Learning Blog Archives
|
Wednesday, August 06, 2003
If I Wanted to Make Money in Elearning...Here's what I'd Do - George Siemens, elearspace
Introduction: Several years ago, the rush to elearning was driven by visions of profits. The long under-funded educational system was suddenly able to play in the business domain. However, NYU Online, USOU, Fathom, and others discovered that the elearning market did not guarantee instant riches. The elearning market revealed itself as any other unique market - not easily unlocked by traditional business acumen or higher education administration. A great product alone did not result in success. Neither did public awareness. Or superior instruction. Yet, people and organizations are making money in elearning. The revenue models are emerging - many innovative approaches have resulted in profits and promising careers.
Comments:
Post a Comment
Online Learning News Blog Archives OTEL - Ray's Home Page - Notebook - UIS Online - U of I Online - UIS Home Fair Use
|