Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield |
|
|
Online Learning News and Research
Online Learning Update HOME Times and Dates Coordinated Universal TimeSearch Online Learning Blog Archives
|
Monday, June 30, 2003
Internet Time Blog: Another look at learning - Jay Cross
Last night, preparing my keynote for the upcoming knowledge management conference in Graz pushed me to refine my recent thoughts about the process of learning.... The point of learning is to prosper within our chosen communities. Learning enables us to enjoy relationships and knowledge. Learning involves exploring new ground, making discoveries, and clearing paths that let us go deeper. To learn is to optimize one's networks. Taking advantage of the double meaning of the word "network," learning is making good connections.... I don't propose that this is the way to define learning. Rather, it is one of many descriptions. I'll see how it plays with an academic audience in Austria next week.
Comments:
Post a Comment
Online Learning News Blog Archives OTEL - Ray's Home Page - Notebook - UIS Online - U of I Online - UIS Home Fair Use
|