Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield |
|
|
Online Learning News and Research
Online Learning Update HOME Times and Dates Coordinated Universal TimeSearch Online Learning Blog Archives
|
Sunday, May 11, 2003
Will a Digital Textbook Replace Me? - Peter E. Williams, THE Journal
A number of excellent digital textbooks are beginning to surface, delivering information in an interesting and interactive manner to help teachers integrate technology into their classrooms. But, where does that leave educators? First, let's clarify a couple of assumptions. When I use the term "digital textbook" I'm referring to professionally produced, high-quality, multimedia-enriched, interactive products available on a CD-ROM, via the Web or both. I am not referring to the junk that is available in the guise of digital textbooks, which looks more like someone has hurriedly scanned the latest version of the text. Primarily, I want to alert faculty members to the increasing use of digital textbooks in online courses, although this can apply to any other course in which digital resources are used.
Comments:
Post a Comment
Online Learning News Blog Archives OTEL - Ray's Home Page - Notebook - UIS Online - U of I Online - UIS Home Fair Use
|