Online Learning Update Ray Schroeder, editor, COLRS - Online@Illinois Springfield

Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield

Saturday, May 31, 2003
Leading the Way to Virtual Learning: The LAA Physics Laboratory - Jerry Meisner and Harol Hoffman, Syllabus

"This is just like being back in lab!" said one recent student tester of the LAAPhysics online virtual laboratory. "If I had to choose between this and a lecture course? No contest—LAAPhysics!" said another, echoing the sentiments of the testing group. "The graphics are terrific!" was another common response. Perhaps the most important reaction—from the developers' point of view—was from a student who said, "I really appreciated not being told I was wrong but rather being led to another [laboratory] investigation that let me see things correctly." And finally, "I finished the whole module in two hours and I had no idea I was working that long!"

 



Comments: Post a Comment


Fair Use